I can't send attachments bigger than 200kb from Iphone 5 and 6

I

iMore Question

Windows and Android are working fine though. Checked Exchange server and with provider, there is no limitation in size set by them.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Can you tell us more about your email? Is it gmail, another host, etc.? Is it set up in Settings -> Mail Contacts and Calendars ? Are you having the limit on cellular data or wifi or both? Can you get a screenshot of the message that pops up when you try to send a larger attachment?

You should be able to send more than that. A bit more info and we may be able to figure it out.

wishmaster420

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Its a company phone so I'm sending the email via an Exchange 2013 server. We use ActiveSync for Mails. Obviously the account is configured correctly and there is no limit on wifi or cellular data. The picture I'm sending here is 1,7mb. The error message is "Cannot send mail. The message was rejected by the server because it is too large. " This happens also if I'm sending the picture in a lesser quality.

This issue first occured in IOS 8 or 8.1. Since then it hasnt gotten better. The limit on our Exchange is 40mb. So the small pictures shouldnt be a problem.

Last edited:

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I would check with your IT department. There may be an issue with the ActiveSync or Exchange configuration. When it comes to Microsoft Exchange, OBVIOUSLY isn't always a correct statement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2