Why isn't my new voicemail notification alert tone working?
I have set new voice mail notification sound, but it is not engaging when I receive a voice mail message. How can I resolve this problem?I know the voice mail message works, but no sound is heard to alert me of a new voice mail. It does show a red highlighted number on the phone icon as a recent call, but no sound heard when a voice mail is left.
- 03-17-2016, 07:58 AM #2iMore Specialist
- 1,351 Posts
Re: Problem with voice mail message notification sound.
Welcome to iMore!
Funny you should ask as I just set my first custom voicemail notification sound yesterday, so you gave me the incentive to try it and see if it works. Called my phone from my landline and the notification sound came in just fine.
Did you try checking a different sound file? I had to set my custom email notification sound twice because the first time it didn't take for some reason. The first file played just fine when I tapped it, but didn't play when emails came in. I redownloaded another one of the same sound. Give that a try.
- 04-14-2016, 11:02 AM #3
- By Hugh_Jarse in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2016, 12:27 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2016, 11:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2016, 10:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2016, 05:34 AM