Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default If I delete a pic on my phone in the camera roll, will it also delete the pic fr my album??

I just gt a new iPhone 6s & when I uploaded data & contacts fr old phone it uploaded 6000 pics. Now I see all those pics on my camera roll on my new phone. I only want to see new pics on my camera roll. I'm nervous if I delete all the old pics fr camera roll, I might lose pic when I upload to my computer & worried it might delete that pic fr my album on computer.

Default Re: If I delete a pic on my phone in the camera roll, will it also delete the pic fr my album??

If you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, then yes, they will delete. If you just want photos on your new phone (and none of the old ones), you'll need to disable it, and get photos to your computer manually after that. I've used Dropbox auto upload feature with a lot of success. It works in the background so you don't have to think about it