How do I delete unwanted pictures and contacts from my iCloud?

I

iMore Question

I'm wanting to delete unwanted photos and contacts from my iCloud. How do I log into my iCloud to see what is all in it so I can delete what I don't want?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! If you delete a photo from your device it will delete the corresponding photo from iCloud. Additionally you can visit www.icloud.com from a web browser and manage your photos.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If you delete a photo from your device it will delete the corresponding photo from iCloud.

I just looked, and have a slew of screenshot images in my iCloud that I have deleted off my phone. Backups are done daily.

Should they be deleted (is my iCloud account wonky)? I'm going to manually delete them now, but just wondering.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just looked, and have a slew of screenshot images in my iCloud that I have deleted off my phone. Backups are done daily.

Should they be deleted (is my iCloud account wonky)? I'm going to manually delete them now, but just wondering.

Do you have Photo Stream turned on? I believe that removing photos from your camera roll will not remove them from your Photo Stream. This should help:
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH3604?locale=en_US