Do older versions of Apple TV allow you to add apps?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Only the 4th generation Apple TV allows you to add apps. HOWEVER a 1st gen and possibly a 2nd gen Apple TV can be jailbroken and non apple approved apps can be sideloaded on. 3rd gen apple TV you are stuck with what Apple gives you, BUT they DO add channels themselves from time to time.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I want to add Amazon app to my Apple TV?

If you're referring to Amazon Instant Video, it isn't available for any version of AppleTV. If you have an iOS device that supports AirPlay you can load the Instant Video app onto it and AirPlay content to your AppleTV. I do it all of the time and it works great. The same thing can also be accomplished using an AirPlay compatible Mac and the Amazon Instant Video site.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
If you're referring to Amazon Instant Video, it isn't available for any version of AppleTV. If you have an iOS device that supports AirPlay you can load the Instant Video app onto it and AirPlay content to your AppleTV. I do it all of the time and it works great. The same thing can also be accomplished using an AirPlay compatible Mac and the Amazon Instant Video site.

Same here.
Maybe we'll get lucky and get an Amazon app on  TV4 someday.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro