Iphone says "searching..." instead of carrier?

MyNL822

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Okay so my phone started having a weird issue last night(iphone 5c). I was texting my girlfriend and she was texting a response(has iphone too) and my phone died because the battery was low. When i turned my phone back on it was saying "searching..." forever. I tried all the tricks. I turned on airplane mode, soft reset several time, and finally i decided to do a hard reset which was the thing that ruined it all. Since doing that hard reset from my phone, I can not complete the activation. It says "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time." on the computer and phone just says something similar, but it is still searching...I don't know what to do, and I dont have a warranty so i can;t replace it from Apple. Suggestions?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the troubles with your phone! Have you tried ejecting the SIM card and putting it back in? Doesn't seem like anything you did would cause the issue. You already did a full restore, so this may not do the trick, but try resetting network settings under Settings -> General -> Reset

If that doesn't work, I wonder if the SIM card is bad -- can you get a new one and try it?