Is iPhone 5/5c still good enough for 1-2 years?

I

iMore Question

I'm having an low-end Android phone and I always was since my first smartphone. I like them though I'd love to try using an iPhone as my daily phone.

My budget is quite limited (hence why I go Android) and my phone now is quite slow and outdated. Since the newest iPhone models are far beyond my wallet, I'm thinking of getting a refurbished iPhone 5/5c instead.

I'm planning to use it for a year or two so my only concern is whether the iPhone 5/5c will be supported through software updates and app developers, so what do you guys think? Thanks!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! An iPhone 5/5c will outperform a low end Android device any day of the week IMO. Just make sure that the refurbished device you buy includes a new battery.
You'll probably have iOS support for the 5/5c for a few more years. After all, iOS 9 is still supporting the 4s.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
One thing I can say about Apple iPhones is that they do last a long time compared to other companies/platforms. I still see a lot of 4/5 iPhones all the time. As stated above try and get a new battery for your iPhone 5 and it should last awhile.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. My wife is still rocking her iPhone 5. Only thing we ever had to do was replace the battery. Otherwise she will still be using it for at least another year or so, or until I give her my iPhone 6. She loves it and that is why she has kept it since being new. Good phone.

WaveTouch

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm the person who posted the question. Thank you for the response. But what about apps? I heard older iPhones can't download some because their chipsets are not supported.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR