Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

84 Posts

Default How can I block a phone number?

I keep getting the IRS scam calls I,m sure you have read about. I will answer the phone and someone will say there so and so from IRS and I,m being sued then it diconnects.
    The first time this happened I called the number back and fiquired out pretty quick it was a scam so I won,t say on here what I told the guy to.
    Problem is I keep getting these calls, coming in from Texas and Washington state mostly.
    I do not answer the calls but this has been going on for past few days. I,m talking 10-15 calls per day.
    I went into settings and went to Blocked then when I click (add new) it sends me to my contact list. I don,t want to block any of my contacts. Not sure what I'm trying to do is even possible.
    FYI I called IRS about this and you can go to www.tigta.gov and report these numbers which I did but they still keep calling.
    iMore Genius

20,843 Posts

Default Re: How can I block a phone number?

go to the phone app... open it... go to Recents... in the list, tap the circled 'i' on the right side of the entry... scroll to the bottom... block this caller
    iMore Nanite

6 Posts

Default Re: How can I block a phone number?

I have been receiving these kind of calls often, since years ago. Since maybe last month, I never answer calls from number I don't recognize. Most of those calls come from scammers. I usually take time to Google the number or look it up on some sites like Report Phone Number to WhyCall.Me just to see if people have reported the number as scam, so that I can easily block the number without picking it up.