Data Recovery Problems in Mac OS X Yosemite?

I

iMore Question

I have a fresh installation of Yosemite on my MacBook Pro. The computer initially came with Mavericks. But, my uncle John $50 and I got the Yosemite disc. I did a clean installation and forget to use time machine recovery for old data. Now, when I shut down my system and restarts it, The Trash folder has crumbled cont. This bothers me too much. I think my Mac OS to work correctly after some time and nothing should be in the Trash folder. If OS deleted something, then it must be take care about it. Also, I didn?t see anything in trash.
I open the Trash folder to check the data inside it, but every time it gives me recovered files folder and it has only few bytes. Also, I have no other software in my system. Any ideas how to resolve this issue? Also, it might appear that I have lost some data? How to recover that deleted data?
2010 MacBook Pro, 2.66GHz. 3GB. 320GB. NVidia 9400, Mac OS X (10.10), FireWire HDDs: TimeMachine 500GB. Picks 300GB. Video 2TB.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. My best suggestion would be to try and reinstall the OS X again. It may not have installed properly first time around and this is the cause of your issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234