Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Unable to delete albums on iphone

My iphone photos weren't syncing. I then copied them from the iphone to folder on my pc. I then synced and now there are new albums/folders on the iphone placed by the pc which I can't delete. The excuse I've found is the following and from I can tell you have to copy and rename all of your photo folders on your pc in order to remove them from the iphone...? It seems ridiculous.

If you've plugged your iPhone or iPad into your computer in order to transfer existing photos via iTunes, these are the albums that you can not delete. If you want to delete them, or specific photos within them, you'll need to go through iTunes again. For example, if you want to delete select photos from an album, you'll need to delete them from the album on your computer and then apply sync changes in iTunes. If you want to remove an entire album, just uncheck it in iTunes and sync again.

Default Re: Unable to delete albums on iphone

I don't know about having to rename your folders in order to delete them, but you do need to use iTunes to remove them.