Is there an app that supports keeping downloads active in the background?

I

iMore Question

I need to download big files now and then on my iPad. Typically a few gigabytes. The problem is that with all the apps I've tried so far downloading stops immediately or after a while when the app is in the background. Very annoying.

Is there an app that either supports downloading in the background or that can be kept open using multitasking? I'd prefer the former, but will settle for the latter.

downer

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Downloading app with background or multitask support?

Thanks, but that was quite useless. I didn't ask why downloading stops, which is fairly obvious, but what apps solve the problem.

Anybody got any pointers to downloading apps that either support multitask or keep the download alive in the background?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, but that was quite useless. I didn't ask why downloading stops, which is fairly obvious, but what apps solve the problem.

Anybody got any pointers to downloading apps that either support multitask or keep the download alive in the background?
I've never heard of anything like that. Never heard of this issue. Call Apple Support and see what they suggest.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If by apps you mean iOS apps, then no, I'm unaware of any. If you're using a computer then iTunes *should* allow for it, but I'm only speculating.