Should I give my Apple ID to the repairman who's trying to fix my 5c network error?

I

iMore Question

When i put my sim in, the network is not detected and as a result it say no network but i try putting my sim in another phone and it worked. So i brought my phone to a repairman since my warranty with Apple is already over but the repairman said i need to give my apple id as he cant check the phone for me unless it's connected to my apple id...is this true?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Should I give my Apple ID to the repairman who's trying to fix my 5c network ...

Completely false and shady.

He can check for issues without an Apple ID.
Especially network, which has absolutely nothing to do with your Apple ID. They are completely independant.

Don't do business with him.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
When i put my sim in, the network is not detected and as a result it say no network but i try putting my sim in another phone and it worked. So i brought my phone to a repairman since my warranty with Apple is already over but the repairman said i need to give my apple id as he cant check the phone for me unless it's connected to my apple id...is this true?
Not just no, Hell No! I wouldn't give my Apple ID to my 84 year old mother even, not that she'd know what to do with it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just in case you haven't caught our drift yet....

NO FREAKING WAY should you give him your Apple ID. The guy is a hack.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
You would have to disable find my iphone, for the repair shop to be able to erase things, reload os, etc. Maybe for those reasons he must have asked it. And I think after reloading the OS, find my iphone is auto enabled. I don't think the repair shop has ill intentions of misusing your ID, but to be more cautious, you can backup your phone, remove your apple id and ideally set it up using a test/dummy/new icloud account and share the password.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
You would have to disable find my iphone, for the repair shop to be able to erase things, reload os, etc. Maybe for those reasons he must have asked it. And I think after reloading the OS, find my iphone is auto enabled. I don't think the repair shop has ill intentions of misusing your ID, but to be more cautious, you can backup your phone, remove your apple id and ideally set it up using a test/dummy/new icloud account and share the password.

Or just not re-entering their Apple ID until the guy give them back their phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73