iPhone 5s Shut Down Randomly

BDog5233

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Just recently my phone shut down at 38% battery half an hour ago or so. It's brand new with a brand new battery and it hasn't happened since. I slipped and fell earlier and my phones corner made contact with the cement driveway I fell on but most of the fall was put on my arms and it has a speck case which is very very strong and durable. I'm just wondering if that may be a part of it and if this will continue to happen. Please comment your input.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I can't tell you if it was random or not. You say it is a brand new phone and hopefully under warranty. Make an appointment to have it looked at if you are uncomfortable. Personally, I would keep an eye on it and if anything further develops, I would have it looked at. You have a great case on it and the 5s is a pretty durable phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, but I can't say for certain. Anyway, leave your iPhone power off, and then charge it for about an hour undisturbed. If it happens again, make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods