Decrease File Size of PDF on Mac

Pau Lucero

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I'm just wondering if anyone here knows how to dramatically decrease a file size of a PDF without sacrificing its quality? I've tried the Quartz Filter Reduce File Size; it achieved my aim to dramatically decrease the file size but it sacrificed the quality a looooooot. Can anyone please help?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I'm just wondering if anyone here knows how to dramatically decrease a file size of a PDF without sacrificing its quality? I've tried the Quartz Filter Reduce File Size; it achieved my aim to dramatically decrease the file size but it sacrificed the quality a looooooot. Can anyone please help?

Welcome to iMore. I do have a set of Apple Quartz filters that I use which allows me to have added choices for file size reduction in Preview. Simply a matter of installing the filters in your Library/PDF Services folder which will make them available to you for reducing the file size. Just try the choices that are available and see which works best for you. I have been using these filters for a couple years now and the work great. Just download the ZIP file from here and then place the folder in Library/PDF Services. As you can see from my screenshot, it adds 9 additional compression filters for you. Should be just what you need.

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 11.15.02 AM.png

Pau Lucero

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for your help. However, I'm having a hard time locating my Library. 😔 I tried search through finder and spotlight but no luck. I'm using the 12" macbook, would you know where I could find it? Thanks for your help!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much for your help. However, I'm having a hard time locating my Library.  I tried search through finder and spotlight but no luck. I'm using the 12" macbook, would you know where I could find it? Thanks for your help!

The easiest way to temporarily reveal the ~/Library folder is to open Finder. On the menu bar, at the top, select Go to reveal the drop-down menu and then hold down the Option key (marked ALT) and you will see the ~/Library folder appear. You may now select this ~/Library folder with your mouse or trackpad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711