Transfer video files from Android to an iPhone without a computer?

YaSo

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to transfer some videos I have on my Android phone or tablet (Nexus 6P and Nexus 7 2013) to friends at work. If they have Android devices we have many options that work, such as WiFi transfer apps, using a portable router that we both connect to to transfer files, or with a simple OTG cable and attached flashdrive.

With iOS friends phones (5S, 6 and 6S) I am stumped. I tried having them connect to a portable router and using the router maker's app navigate an attached flash drive to copy files to the iPhone but once the 'copy' is complete, the phone can't seem to know what to do with the file. (I tried MKV and MP4 files)

Using a work PC (Win 7) and Windows explorer to manually copy files doesn't seem to work either, since the files aren't being allowed to be copied to the iPhone. (and we can;t install other software on thew work PCs)

Has anyone been able to transfer videos FROM an Android phone TO an iOS phone and get them to playback on the iPhone?

Or has anyone been able to transfer files FROM a portable router and attached USB flashdrive and get them to play back on the iPhone?

(I don't mean to stream the video from the portable router, we want them to play the videos from their iPhone directly.)

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Video format for the iPhone 6S are below:

• Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
According to Apple, videos not from the iTunes Store might not play on the iPhone. You will need to make sure the video is in one of the above formats or use iTunes to convert the video to a playable format.

Sources:
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP726?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203180

YaSo

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
According to Apple, videos not from the iTunes Store might not play on the iPhone. You will need to make sure the video is in one of the above formats or use iTunes to convert the video to a playable format. ...

I am trying to send assorted files that are and are not in the listed formats above, and cannot even get the iPhone to try to play them. I also asked the iPhone users to install VLC from the iTunes store but that did not even see the files that we transferred via a portable router.

Has anyone been able to send and play videos sent to an iPhone via wifi file transfer, without using a computer in between? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox