iOS App Store Cannot Complete Updates?

I

iMore Question

iOS App Store Cannot Complete Updates

Every day, whether using auto-updates or not, there will be one or two apps that will not complete updating. This happens on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air. This morning, out of over 10 updates on both, Outlook (which I only use because Apple cannot figure out Gmail IMAP like everyone else) would not complete it's update.

What does not solve the problem
Quitting/Restart App Store
Deleting/Reinstalling app (cannot delete)
Syncing newly downloaded update from iTunes (cannot update)
Deleting from iTunes (cannot delete)

What does solve the problem
Restart

Every morning: 1) Run updates; 2) Restart; 3) Run updates again

Thanks in advance

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2, 64 GB

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS App Store Cannot Complete Updates

I run into this issue now and then. Usually a restart will help as you said.

Also try clearing the App Store cache by tapping one of the buttons across the bottom row 10 times. I usually tap the update button 10 times until I see it refresh. So far what you're doing otherwise seems to do the trick for me but it's not frequent for me like it seems to be for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can always delete the app in Settings >General >Usage >Manage storage. Delete it there, then if there is anything left on the screen it should delete on off tapping the X.

sheckylovejoy

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site

I run into this issue now and then. Usually a restart will help as you said.

Also try clearing the App Store cache by tapping one of the buttons across the bottom row 10 times. I usually tap the update button 10 times until I see it refresh. So far what you're doing otherwise seems to do the trick for me but it's not frequent for me like it seems to be for you.

Thanks, let's see if that does the trick

sheckylovejoy

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site

You can always delete the app in Settings >General >Usage >Manage storage. Delete it there, then if there is anything left on the screen it should delete on off tapping the X.

Thanks. I figured that one out, but I'm hoping to not have to delete apps every morning.