Unlocked iPhone on VZW?
In the Apple store at the mall they sell an iPhone thatgoes with each carrier but they also sell one you can supposedly use with ANY carrier. I know VZW has some unique attributes like cdma and VoLTE. It has also recently added some new LTE bands in limited areas. The guy in the Apple store assures me all will work just like in VZW only model however I asked him some other tech questions he definitely got W R O N G. Like I asked if I would drop a VoLTE call if I drive into a 3G cdma only area. He said "No way! iPhones never drop calls unless you have no service at all" I explained again what I meant and he assured me even in vzw VoLTE iPhone will never drop call as long as 3G is available. This is dead wrong so I ask you...
Has anyone here activated the latest unlocked iPhone from Apple store in VZW? Do you get the new LTE bands?
- 01-31-2016, 01:31 PM #2
Re: Unlocked iPhone on VZW?
The VoLTE issue is well known and VZW itself admits it in their website. If you want simultaneous voice and data you must use VoLTE however if on a call and you drive into a 3G only zone, as I do on my way home, your call is dropped. True on all new phones. Old phones before VoLTE actually had 2 separated radios to facilitate simultaneous voice and data on VZW. It was a better solution but no new manufacturer is doing it.
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-31-2016, 03:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2016, 01:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhoneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2016, 12:35 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2016, 12:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2016, 08:25 AM