Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How can I delete downloaded songs but keep them in Music?

I looked on Apple and does not seem very detailed. I have Apple Music subscription. I downloaded some songs to play offline when I was not able to get wi-fi/cell service. Now I want to delete those downloads but still keep them in my music if that makes sense. I just want the local copy gone on my phone but still see it in Apple Music. How?

Can I just go to settings>general>storage>manage storage>music>edit>click (red -) >delete?

Default Re: Deleting Locally Stored Songs

While in the  Music app, select the "Library" tab, and then select the song you want to delete. Afterwards, tap the 3 dots (...) at the right of the song's title. Select "Delete". After that, you will be prompted to "Delete from My Music" or "Remove Download". Select "Remove Download".
    iMore Beginner

87 Posts

Default Re: Deleting Locally Stored Songs

if you do this, settings>general>storage>manage storage>music>edit>click (red -) >delete, will this delete your entire library? Or will it only delete songs downloaded to your device? Will it erase any of your apple music playlists?