iPad mini retina display

Keithy2345

Banned
Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I bought an iPad mini 2 it had a problem so I took it back to the store I bought it at and I got a new one, I feel that the battery on this one dies faster than the other one it might just be me but I want to figure out if the battery drainage is normal. The battery goes down about one percent every 6 or 7 minutes when watching Netflix or YouTube videos, when surfing the web it goes down 1 percent every 8 or 9 mins and when playing games it goes down about the same as watching videos is this normal? And on standby it drains a couple percent down within a few hours or when I leave it there overnight.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes somewhat normal. Anything screen intensive is going to drain the battery at a faster rate so watching Netflix or other streaming video and playing games is going to kill the battery much faster than just web browsing. And doing nothing is going to be the slowest drain on the battery. Once you take it off the cord it starts draining, nothing you can do about that, BUT there are some tips to improve battery. Turn off radios you are not using, for example Bluetooth, and cellular (if you have that model). Also tune down your brightness a bit, go to settings, then display, then use the brightness slider. Turn off notifications you may not want or need, especially if you already have them on your smartphone. (under notifications, under settings) When you are on a Netflix or Clash of Clans binge consider plugging in if you can. Get extra apple cords and you can charge on the go as needed. (I keep a cord at work, a cord in the laptop bag and several at my home)

Keithy2345

Banned
Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Yes somewhat normal. Anything screen intensive is going to drain the battery at a faster rate so watching Netflix or other streaming video and playing games is going to kill the battery much faster than just web browsing. And doing nothing is going to be the slowest drain on the battery. Once you take it off the cord it starts draining, nothing you can do about that, BUT there are some tips to improve battery. Turn off radios you are not using, for example Bluetooth, and cellular (if you have that model). Also tune down your brightness a bit, go to settings, then display, then use the brightness slider. Turn off notifications you may not want or need, especially if you already have them on your smartphone. (under notifications, under settings) When you are on a Netflix or Clash of Clans binge consider plugging in if you can. Get extra apple cords and you can charge on the go as needed. (I keep a cord at work, a cord in the laptop bag and several at my home)

I always have the brightness down because I don't like it up high but still drains about the same speed as I was saying before but I will turn off some notifications thank you

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I always have the brightness down because I don't like it up high but still drains about the same speed as I was saying before but I will turn off some notifications thank you

Single best advise is to get extra cords and charge when you can. Also you might want to consider one of these...

Apple iPhone Batteries - iMore Store

This is the one I use....

Robot Check

Newer model.....

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-bar-Siz...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2687307

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2