once pictures are in the cloud, can you safely delete them from my phone?

I

iMore Question

If pictures are deleted from my phone once backed up on the cloud, will they be deleted from the cloud also or will they remain on there.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Photos will also be deleted from iCloud if you delete them from your device. iCloud is more of a backup than an online storage solution. If you're trying to store your photos online so you can delete them from your device try a service like Dropbox or OneDrive.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi there if i am using my icloud for backing up everything on my phone and if my icloud account has been compromised. Does it mean my photos and important documents will be accessible on any other iPhone or device? If yes how can i stop that?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi there if i am using my icloud for backing up everything on my phone and if my icloud account has been compromised. Does it mean my photos and important documents will be accessible on any other iPhone or device? If yes how can i stop that?

Why do you think your iCloud account has been compromised? If someone had your iCloud account log in credentials, they could not access your stuff. They would have to restore their device with your iCloud back up. But I highly doubt that's gonna happen. Stop worrying! Enjoy your phone. Nothing is going to happen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner