How to get music on an iPhone without streaming, using iTunes or a computer?

I

iMore Question

Recently, the phone of one of the coffee ladies at our office (in Cape Town, South Africa) was broken, and I gave her my old iPhone 5. Now I'm helping her to set it up and how to use it, and she would like to add music to her phone.

The problem is: she only recently got access to a computer (she can make use of one at our office, during her breaks), and has before that never used one. I don't want to start downloading songs on our office computers, and she doesn't have access to a computer anywhere else, so using iTunes is not realistic. She doesn't have access to a credit card either, so signing up for Spotify Premium or Apple Music and downloading the songs on work WiFi isn't an option. And only streaming music is not going to work because she does not have WiFi at her house.
On her previous phone, she sent and received songs via Bluetooth, but as far as I know this is not an option on the iPhone.

Are there any other ways to get songs from other friends' phones onto her iPhone that do not involve a computer or the a credit card?

We could of course set up a Dropbox and she can let me know what songs she would like, and I can add them there, but I really want to find a way for her to be able to do this without anybody's (computer's) help!

Sus25

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
That is of course an option, but I was hoping to find a way she can access stuff that she and her friends have already for free. Would hate to give her something that now forces extra costs on her...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That is of course an option, but I was hoping to find a way she can access stuff that she and her friends have already for free. Would hate to give her something that now forces extra costs on her...

If there's music on the computer, it can go in iTunes. Then synced to the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox