My ICloud says it is full. What can I do? I have about 1,500 pics on it

I

iMore Question

My photos are all saved on my ICloud and I have so many pics. I keep getting texts that I can pay $9.99 to get more space or should I just download them all to my lap top?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

You have a couple possible options you can go with.

1. You can pay the extra per month charge for extra iCloud storage and this will completely free up your space.
2. If you have the space on your laptop harddrive, then download your photos to it, but I would suggest that you have a backup of those photos to an external drive either through Time Machine or some other backup software such as Carbon Copy Cloner. You will have other related cost here as you will need an external harddrive for the backup.
3. You can look for alternative cloud storage. Again though there will most likely be cost related to it.

I personally do not store a lot of images on my mobile devices. I bought a NAS which allows me to store my photos & videos on my own Personal Cloud. This allows me to access my photos & movies from any of my devices anywhere in the world. This could be another option for you as well. It is a bigger investment, but allows you a lot more freedom.

Just some suggestions that will hopefully offer you something to think about.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box and Dropbox work well for storing photos. Upload the photos, then delete from the camera roll. I was running short on my 5 free gb of iCloud storage. I did some management of my phone and got it to 3.7 gb available. Delete cache. Delete the pics in "recently deleted". Delete messages. Slim everything down, then do a fresh back up. Mine showed 1.4 gb of photos in photo library. I deleted that. Not sure what it was. I didn't put it there. My guess is it was deleted photos I had in recently deleted that was backed up previously.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're an Amazon Prime member, you get unlimited photo storage. That's where all my photos go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73