My keyboard shortcuts aren't working, why?

I

iMore Question

So here I was, going to Textilus, when all of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts are gone! You know, they appear on a bar on top of your keyboard. Welp, they're gone. I can't write in bold or italic, or quickly Paste. I've tried to use the Shortcuts switch that appears when you hold down the emoji button, but everytime I activate it, the switch goes back to normal! Please help! And thank you in advance.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I don't use that app, but have a feeling you may be talking about the predictive text function? Removing the predictive text bar (it's usually just above the keyboard) is quite easy. Simply tap anywhere in the bar and drag downward which will cause it to disappear and only a skinny gray line will be visible. To get it back, drag the gray line up to reveal the text bar.

Since there's a chance that is NOT the case, since it looks like Textilus uses its own keyboard, I would do a few things things (try them in the order presented):

1. Go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Keyboards and see if the keyboard is enabled. There may not be one, but worth a shot.
  2. Delete and reinstall the app. Make sure to have backups of any work you've done in the app (iCloud, Drobox, etc.)
  3. Contact the app developer for help if those don't work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77