Why doesn't my iPhone 4 sync with my laptop anymore?

I

iMore Question

I've been downloading music on the laptop and just syncing it will my phone for months now, but suddenly it's stopped working and my phone won't sync. I haven't tried for almost two weeks and today was the first time in a while but for the few weeks before that, I get a pop up everytime I go into google chrome saying that I didn't sign in properly and to check if my account exists. My half brother game my mom a tv show thing for her to watch but it didn't work unless he downloaded this media player thing to the laptop. Could that be the reason? Everytime I plug my phone into the laptop it just keeps vibrating and doesnt even charge, much less sync with the laptop. And when I try to download songs even to the laptop, it just shows up as an audio file and shows the traffic cone looking symbol instead of the itunes logo.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I've been downloading music on the laptop and just syncing it will my phone for months now, but suddenly it's stopped working and my phone won't sync. I haven't tried for almost two weeks and today was the first time in a while but for the few weeks before that, I get a pop up everytime I go into google chrome saying that I didn't sign in properly and to check if my account exists. My half brother game my mom a tv show thing for her to watch but it didn't work unless he downloaded this media player thing to the laptop. Could that be the reason? Everytime I plug my phone into the laptop it just keeps vibrating and doesnt even charge, much less sync with the laptop. And when I try to download songs even to the laptop, it just shows up as an audio file and shows the traffic cone looking symbol instead of the itunes logo.

Welcome to iMore!

Did your problems start at the same time as when the media player was downloaded to your laptop? If so, then I would suspect it could very possibly be causing the problem. My suggestion would be to delete the media player from your laptop and see if the problem with your iPhone go away.

jincestarmy7

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't realy know when the problem started. I just remember my mom mentioning a media player and then the popup coming up around that time. But when I deleted what I thought was the pedia player (vlc) it still didn't work afterwards.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2