Why won't my iPhone 5 charge properly?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 5 says charging when I plug it in, but the percentage goes down, if I reset the phone a few times and turn airplane mode on, it will start to charge, I'm running the latest software, I've bought a new charger cable and plug from Apple, any help? I'm worried that if the battery runs down flat, I won't be able to get it to charge.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a battery issue to me. It might be an idea to take it to an Apple Store if you can.

Of course, you could also try backing it up and restoring from new to imprint a fresh copy of the OS on it in case it is a software glitch, but I don't think it is.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try this battery test. If it fails, replace it or upgrade.

Battery test
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Parry94

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I've just don't the battery test, and my usage shown 0 and standby said 6 minutes, I had a new battery about 2 months ago, everything has been fine until about 3 days ago when I let my phone die and the recharged it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods