Why is the clock on my iPad not changing time zones even tho I am on WiFi.

I

iMore Question

I went on a trip across time zones and it struggled with changing. Now back in mountain time my iPad is still in Central time

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Change the time in settings/general/date time so that Auto is set to off. Change the time zone to another city and then turn Auto back on. It should now detect the correct time zone for where you are.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! How long were you in another time zone? Your iPad only checks for location updates every so often. Do you have Set Automatically enabled in Settings > General > Date & Time? Do you have location services enabled in Settings > Privacy > Location Services? Your iPad won't update the time zone if it doesn't have permission to track your location.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Change the time in settings/general/date time so that Auto is set to off. Change the time zone to another city and then turn Auto back on. It should now detect the correct time for where you are.

It should update automatically if the correct permissions are set in location services. That being said, your suggestion is an easy workaround if OP doesn't want his/her iPad tracking its position.
d6f3b5203bf132947958fa54d9db9879.528236

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It should update automatically if the correct permissions are set in location services. That being said, your suggestion is an easy workaround if OP doesn't want his/her iPad tracking its position.

Not always. Yesterday, I noticed my 6S was saying the date was December 31, 2015. The time was advancing, just it was wrong and so was the date. I had to do the procedure that I mentioned above before it would correct the time. I was here at home when it set itself to the wrong time.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I edited my post above to mention that what I suggested to the OP would also change the time zone back to where he/she is as well as the time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner