Battery life being reduced quickly

I

iMore Question

It's been 2 hours since full charge of IPhone 5 and Usage is only 35 minutes but Battery % is down to 72%/ Earlier today after 1 hour and 40 minutes usage it was down to 44%. Is something wrong with my battery. I have done most of the tips like turn off Location Services and Background Refresh

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Apple batteries are designed to retain 80% of original capacity for 500 complete charge cycles. It's likely you've gone far past that with your iPhone 5 by this point. Take the advice of @Highrisedrifter because it should help but also understand your battery may just be old and losing capacity.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That list shows which apps you use most. Not necessarily the battery hogs. But it's a good place to start. Take note of those that run in the background a lot. I have 3 or 4 that do that, do I try to keep those swiped out of multitasking when not in use. I have an old iP 5. It's battery is in bad shape. There's not much you can do when they go down that way. Just be prepared for an new battery or a phone upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73