Retrieving data from iCloud onto a new ipad

I

iMore Question

I received a new iPad a set it up before retrieving backed up data from the cloud. Have not been able to retrieve this data, pictures etc. Can you tell how this is done? Also, when syncing with iTunes only added purchased songs none of the previously owned songs. How do I add these songs?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". When the process of deleting EVERYTHING off your iPad is complete, you will be met with the Welcome screen where you select the language. Soon thereafter, you will be asked if you want to restore from an iCloud or an iTunes backup. Select to restore from an iCloud backup.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I received a new iPad a set it up before retrieving backed up data from the cloud. Have not been able to retrieve this data, pictures etc. Can you tell how this is done? Also, when syncing with iTunes only added purchased songs none of the previously owned songs. How do I add these songs?

make sure you are signed in to icloud in settings using the same apple id that you use that has your data

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". When the process of deleting EVERYTHING off your iPad is complete, you will be met with the Welcome screen where you select the language. Soon thereafter, you will be asked if you want to restore from an iCloud or an iTunes backup. Select to restore from an iCloud backup.

i thought the same unless this is the first ipad they have ever gotten and are talking about data that is in icloud on another device like a phone. LOL

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i thought the same unless this is the first ipad they have ever gotten and are talking about data that is in icloud on another device like a phone. LOL

Even then, they'd have to create an iCloud backup with the other device and then erase the iPad just to be able to restore that iCloud backup on it...:)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Even then, they'd have to create an iCloud backup with the other device and then erase the iPad just to be able to restore that iCloud backup on it...:)

100% True but most data like pictures and contacts etc. can be achieved by just signing into the proper account. Unless you want apps to auto download etc.
Your way is prob easier anyways LOL

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
100% True but most data like pictures and contacts etc. can be achieved by just signing into the proper account. Unless you want apps to auto download etc.
No doubt about that, my friend, and I hope the OP is aware of it.
Your way is prob easier anyways LOL
I wouldn't say that. I was just answering his or her questions as I understood it....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW