Should I charge my new iPhone over night or let it stay dead?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Charge it the way you like, but avoid burning cycles as much possible as you can. Also for longevity, avoid having the battery getting bellow 5% every so often. Once in a month is ok, but not daily. I keep my battery between 80% to 10% all the time, it's rarely full charge and rarely full discharge. The reason of doing that is because the battery is already hyper active due to the fact it's been use every time and all the time. Full charging and deep discharging not only will quickly burn though out the amount of cycles the battery have, but also will at some point decrease batteries capacity to retain charges due to the excessive rate of full charge and deep discharge. Note that you have about 500 charging cycles for the battery, that is about 500days of having your battery at 100% capacity of you burn 1 cycle per day. I tend to burn 2 cycles per day, after 700days, I'm sure I will be somewhere between 90% capacity of full charge.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple batteries are designed to retain 80% capacity for 500 full charge cycles. That being said, my iPhone is my only phone (we don't have a house phone) and if there's an emergency I need people to be able to get a hold of me. I've been charging my phones overnight since I got my iPhone 4. Upgrading every 1-2 years, I've yet to experience any detrimental battery issues. I've seen slightly decreased battery life toward the latter end of use if I wait two years to upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice