I have a iPhone 6s and it won't let me recieve textes from iPhone with iMessage on

I

iMore Question

I have turned iMessage off on my iPhone 6s, it's letting me recieve texts from iPhones with iMessage off, but I'm not receiving messages from iPhone with iMessage on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Do this. Delete all your iMessage threads. Then go to Settings > Messages > Toggle off iMessage > go to "sent and receive" > Tap your Apple ID > sign out of iMessage. > sign back in to iMessage > Toggle iMessage back on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have turned iMessage off on my iPhone 6s, it's letting me recieve texts from iPhones with iMessage off, but I'm not receiving messages from iPhone with iMessage on.

If the iPhone users you're texting do not have iMessage enabled then you will NOT receive iMessages from them even if you have it enabled on your iPhone. Having said that, enable BOTH iMessage and SMS in the Message settings. That will allow you to receive text messages from iPhone and non-iPhone users.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't want iMessage on. It's off but it won't let me receive messages from iPhones with iMessage on

If you do not want iMessage turned on then leave it disabled. Having said that, you will not be able to receive iMessages from iPhones users that have iMessage enabled, but you should be able to receive SMS messages from them, especially if they have it enabled in the Message settings on their iPhones.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6s and it won't let me recieve textes from iPhone with iMessa...

The texts are sending to me and are blue but not coming through

Feel free to try one or more of the following:

1. Go to Settings → General → Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".
2. Go to Settings → General → Reset and then select "Reset All Settings".
3. Put the iPhone in recovery or DFU mode and restore it via iTunes then set it up as new afterwards.

Please create either an iCloud or iTunes backup BEFORE doing option 3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner