My Ipad storage is full. How do I move photos and videos to my paid iCloud storage?

I

iMore Question

When I try to manage my storage under iCloud I find that only files from a few apps seem to have been moved to my iCloud storage and it appears I can't decide which apps should be loaded on iCloud. My photos and videos are my heaviest files and take up most of the space on my iPad.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Keep in mind iCloud is not an online storage solution, it's an online backup solution. In other words, what you remove from your device will probably be removed from iCloud. What you can do is go to Settings > iCloud > Photos, and then make sure you have iCloud Photo Library toggled on and Optimize iPhone Storage checked.
637c4fbb560065a4459685533049f2d0.jpg

If you truly want your photos removed from your device I recommend an online backup solution like Dropbox or OneDrive.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Ipad storage is full. How do I move photos and videos to my paid iCloud st...

Optimize iPhone storage will help with some space but like @DevilishBanker said, won't clean the space entirely.

Dropbox has an option to upload all photos when you get to wifi. If you enable that you could always delete from your phone to save space yet still access from the Dropbox app.

I used the Dropbox option for a while but prefer the integration of iCloud Photo Library.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box is also a good cloud based app for storing photos and videos. iCloud only backs up what is currently on your device. That can change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods