I have a French SIM and my original number ended in 42. I had to get a new SIM in May, which changed my number ending in 63. In the last week, I've texted people that I texted within the last month and my number is coming up without my name attached. When those people go and look at my name in their contacts, it shows the number ending in 42. It's only happening with iMessage/Apple users. I've checked my settings and the phone is set with the 63 number, just as it should be.

Any clue?

Cheers,

Leah
    12-18-2015 10:25 AM
    I have a French SIM and my original number ended in 42. I had to get a new SIM in May, which changed my number ending in 63. In the last week, I've texted people that I texted within the last month and my number is coming up without my name attached. When those people go and look at my name in their contacts, it shows the number ending in 42. It's only happening with iMessage/Apple users. I've checked my settings and the phone is set with the 63 number, just as it should be.

Any clue?

Cheers,

Leah

Welcome to iMore Leah!!!

Have you changed your contact information for yourself in your address book? Since you now have a new number you would need to change your new number under your contact information. Hope that helps? Just out of curiosity... when you got your new sim did you ask if you could keep your same number ending in 42?
    12-18-2015 10:41 AM
    I have had this same number since May. I've texted everyone who's had my texts come up without my name in the last month. I've changed nothing...same number...same SIM. I checked my information under Settings → Phone and My Number." Everything is correct. I've gone to Send & Receive as and it is correct.

I texted a friend on Sunday and she replied, "Who is this?" I had just texted her three days before. I have our string of messages. When I saw her later that day, I checked my contact in her phone and it had reverted to my old number. There's no way we could have had texts just three days earlier using the wrong number. The same situation occurred with another friend yesterday. We had texted a week ago. When he checked my contact on his phone it was the old number.

It just happened again today with my niece and father. The only reason why I knew either of them texted me is because it came through on my Mac as a notification. I did turn off my iMessage and my phone. Then I turned back on my phone and iMessage. A pop up was displayed on my computer asking if I'd like to add the 63 number to iCloud. I said yes.

I just don't understand how my number could change in other people's address book.

In regard to your question, I have a pay as you go SIM, so there was no way I could keep the old number.
    12-18-2015 11:07 AM
    What is the contact number in iMessage ,
    12-18-2015 04:07 PM
    Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendar > scroll down to Contacts> my info. Tap and put your correct info in. Name, number, email, etc.
    Give your correct number to your friends in case it's wrong in their contact for you.
    12-18-2015 04:45 PM