Any way to retrieve data from broken iPod Touch 4?
So stupid me tried to pry open an iPod in an attempt to replace the screen. Dreadfully, I was rewarded with a blank white screen. I immediately needed to back up the iPod to the computer, but since I recently had to reset my laptop it gave me the "device is locked with passcode" dialogue box. I tried to unlock it by swiping the bottom of the screen where the slide to unlock would be, and typing in the passcode where the keypad numbers would be, but after several tries iTunes persisted with the message, so the digitizer doesn't work.. Since the iPod isn't synced with itunes, no file managing apps work.
I don't want to restore, as the ipod is mostly useless without a working screen and that wouldn't get any data.
I don't have a local/iCloud backup (sadly), and I just want a way to take the information out of the ipod (photos specifically) bypassing the lockscreen.
- Best AnswerDec 17 2015 | 4:46 am EST
Welcome to iMore! Sorry to hear about your iPod but it sounds like you might be out of luck, unfortunately.
- 12-17-2015, 04:46 AM #2
Windows 10 says error when I try to use it to transport iPhone pics to external hard drive, why is it doing this?By iMore Question in forum Windows Hardware & SoftwareReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2016, 08:34 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2015, 10:37 AM
- By alieskan2002 in forum iOS 9Replies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2015, 05:16 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2015, 09:48 PM
- By gardenlife1 in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2015, 07:44 PM