- iMore Beginner
- 87 Posts
New macbook pro delivered tomorrow, tips for first time user?
My rmbp 13 inch is arriving tomorrow!
16gb ram, 512 flash storage, 3.1ghz, i7
This is my first ever mac. Does anyone have any tips? Any apps I should download?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm very excited but a little nervous (i know that sounds weird) because this is my first Apple computer.
- 12-16-2015, 07:54 AM #2
Re: New macbook pro delivered tomorrow, tips for first time user?
Pretty exciting stuff. Take your time setting up. Even exciting for those of us who have been using Macs for years.
1. Get an external drive for backups. I can not stress this enough! Time Machine, which comes with your new machine, will do a good job of backing up your files. However, Carbon Copy Cloner will do an even better job, as it will clone your internal drive, thus allowing you to boot from the drive should the need ever arise.
2. OS X Keyboard shortcuts. These will save you a tremendous amount of time when working on that new rMBP.
Couple of suggestions from me. Now time for you to learn the OS and enjoy that new toy. Going to be a fast machine. Good Luck!
- By jaleelhamid in forum MacBook ProReplies: 7Last Post: 12-24-2015, 06:46 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2015, 03:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2015, 09:57 PM