How to turn off all mics on iphone?!

I

iMore Question

Hi. I would like to completely turn off all internal and external microphones of my iPhone 6S. I am running iOS 9.0.1.

Is there ANY possible way to do this. I have a broken microphone on my bose headphones cord which I tried inserting into the phone. You would think this would work--the phone would default to the broken external mic as it usually does when plugging in headphones, and no sound would result. However it does not work, and the iPhone does not default.

I'm looking for any solution here (preferably one that doesn't involve physically breaking the phone though...)

I'm an artist and this is very important for a project I'm creating. Thank you!!!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I would like to completely turn off all internal and external microphones of my iPhone 6S. I am running iOS 9.0.1.

Is there ANY possible way to do this. I have a broken microphone on my bose headphones cord which I tried inserting into the phone. You would think this would work--the phone would default to the broken external mic as it usually does when plugging in headphones, and no sound would result. However it does not work, and the iPhone does not default.

I'm looking for any solution here (preferably one that doesn't involve physically breaking the phone though...)

I'm an artist and this is very important for a project I'm creating. Thank you!!!

Airplane Mode or Ring/Silent switch. Just some suggestions to try.

speedskis777

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying. No that does not work. Any other suggestions????

It shouldn't be this hard to turn off (or turn completely down) mics on an iPhone!!!

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
What are you actually trying to do ? The Mike does not work unless you are using a app that uses the Mike or are using the telephone etc and you can mute the Mike on a call and you can exclude apps that have asked to use the Mike on settings . ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1449877080.318347.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1449877108.988319.jpg

speedskis777

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying. I am looking to disable Siri's voice feedback with headphones IN.

This is for a project. I need to hear Siri's beep over a line in cable (headphone jack) without her interuppting with her voice.

speedskis777

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
What are you actually trying to do ? The Mike does not work unless you are using a app that uses the Mike or are using the telephone etc and you can mute the Mike on a call and you can exclude apps that have asked to use the Mike on settings . View attachment 99486View attachment 99487

Thanks for replying. I am looking to disable Siri's voice feedback with headphones IN.

This is for a project. I need to hear Siri's beep over a line in cable (headphone jack) without her interuppting with her voice.

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
You can switch off feedback within Siri , see attached
It depends on what question you ask , sometimes it will do exactly what's asked other times it will say hears what I have found on the web etc
You may have to re design your project slightly
I hope this helps
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1450047579.376009.jpg

GumBoocho

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
It is incredible how people deflect the question & question the question instead of answering the question (or remaining silent). The guy wants to know how he can turn off an iPhone microphone, for crying outloud! That question needs a direct answer. There should be a mic off switch. Don't go on about whether or not he should turn off the mike or why he wants it off. Don't go on about Siri. Just answer the question as it is.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It is incredible how people deflect the question & question the question instead of answering the question (or remaining silent). The guy wants to know how he can turn off an iPhone microphone, for crying outloud! That question needs a direct answer. There should be a mic off switch. Don't go on about whether or not he should turn off the mike or why he wants it off. Don't go on about Siri. Just answer the question as it is.

Dude, what are you going on about?
The question is answered in detail and all aspects.

To turn the mic off, go into privacy and disable the mic for the apps listed in there. Then go into Siri and disable listen to Hey Siri. This is it. There is no better answer than this.
People are free and should be free to ask for why someone chooses to do so. This is in no way an assault on OP.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore. I see this is your first post here and, as such, I recommend checking out our Community Rules & Guidelines.
Regarding your post to this thread, all I can say is that this is a DISCUSSION forum, not a technical support site. If you have something of value to add to the discussion please feel free to share. Otherwise, let’s leave the moderating to the moderators. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yet, you did not answer the guy’s question and since you didn’t state whether or not you knew the answer, why didn’t you remain silent?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR