What Apple/ios devices do you own/use?

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I currently own an iPad Air 2, iPhone 6+, Apple TV 4 & an iPod touch.

I'm in the market for a new computer but I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

I'm a uni/college student so I take a lot of notes etc (I currently take my iPad to uni).

I'm studying media production which involves video editing and such so I need a device that will enable me to use final cut pro.

I'm torn whether I should get a 27inch 5k iMac and then eventually get a Macbook for note taking, general use etc.

Or if I should just get a mbp.

To be honest I like the idea of having a desktop computer as my main base but would it be pointless to get a Macbook if I already own an iPad?
However I do like the idea of taking a laptop to uni instead of an iPad...

Or should I get an iMac AND a mbp and forget the Macbook altogether?

I'm interested to know:

- What do you think is the best set up in regards to owning ios/Apple devices?

- What devices do you own and regularly use?

- What purpose do you use these devices for? Note taking, general use, editing, on the go etc.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I currently own an iPad Air 2, iPhone 6+, Apple TV 4 & an iPod touch.

I'm in the market for a new computer but I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

I'm a uni/college student so I take a lot of notes etc (I currently take my iPad to uni).

I'm studying media production which involves video editing and such so I need a device that will enable me to use final cut pro.

I'm torn whether I should get a 27inch 5k iMac and then eventually get a Macbook for note taking, general use etc.

Or if I should just get a mbp.

To be honest I like the idea of having a desktop computer as my main base but would it be pointless to get a Macbook if I already own an iPad?
However I do like the idea of taking a laptop to uni instead of an iPad...

Or should I get an iMac AND a mbp and forget the Macbook altogether?

I'm interested to know:

- What do you think is the best set up in regards to owning ios/Apple devices?

- What devices do you own and regularly use?

- What purpose do you use these devices for? Note taking, general use, editing, on the go etc.

1. Your first questions depends on cash flow. Is the iPad doing what you require of it for university? I would say if you are studying media production, I would think that the iPad would eventually have to be replaced with a laptop, especially if you are going to have to run FCP.

2. I own 2 iMacs, Fusion Drives & upgraded RAM, MBP, iPad, ATV3 & 4, iPhone 6 and iPod Classic. My MBP has been upgraded with an SSD plus additional RAM. My entire environment is Apple except for one Windows laptop.

3. I do client website design and wallpapers for members here on iMore. I am running Adobe CS6 to help me with this, which requires something with a bit of power. I do some video work but it is minimal. I wok my iMac's and MBP pretty hard.

One thing you could consider, is going with a top end 15" MBP, then getting yourself a good external monitor for use at home. This would give you the best of both worlds and minimize some of the cost. Allowing you to have mobility and the feel of a desktop at home. Another option if cash flow is no issue, is going with a good 27" iMac and maybe a MBA for mobility.

Just my thoughts on your questions.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
- 2011 Mac Mini. Upgraded to SSD and its like a new machine
- iPad Mini. Time to upgrade to the 4.
- iPhone 6s
- Apple TV (4th gen)
- Apple Watch (42mm stainless)

We have others in the household but that's what I use :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal