Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Which iMac should I purchase?

Hi everybody,

I'm looking to purchase an iMac, I'm in my second year of college and I much prefer writing papers, taking tests, and do research on a desktop. Scratch that, I prefer doing just about everything on a desktop over a laptop.

Anyway, I would love to buy a iMac for under $1000 if possible, but I don't want to cheap out now and regret it. I found two computers that I'm seriously considering.

One is the Late 2013 iMac with a quad core processor for $999.

The second is the late 2015 model so it's newer, but its only a duo core and it's slightly more money:

Of those two choices, I think I like the 2015 model more just because it's newer. However, it may be slower and more expensive. Any thoughts?

There's also a third one I'm considering, it seems to be the best of both worlds as it's quad core, retina screen, and from 2015 although it is a couple hundred more:

Thanks in advance for any input!

P.S. I had to remove the links in order to post this, so sorry for the poor descriptions!

Default Re: Which iMac should I purchase?

If you're only going to be using it for school work, email, web surfing, chatting and some video streaming, the $999 model iMac should be more than sufficient, in my opinion.