- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Migrating to new Mac
Hi. I'm thinking of upgrading to a new MacBook Air or Pro and wondering the best way to go about migration. I think I'd ideally like to start fresh and just move across / re-download the apps/files I want, rather than just copying the full content of the old one across. Bit concerned though that iTunes/AppleMusic and iPhone syncs etc. could be messy though, because well... it's not the nicest software! Any thoughts / advice?
- 11-28-2015, 09:03 PM #2
Re: Migrating to new Mac
For what's it worth, I had the same initial thought. So when I bought my new MacBook Air, replacing my mid 2009 MacBook Pro...I migrated the entire account by cord connection. Then just deleted what ever I didn't want/need. This ensured I got what i wanted.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-28-2015, 09:34 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2015, 08:35 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 11-28-2015, 08:05 PM
- By reese2147 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-28-2015, 08:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2015, 07:07 PM