How can I find or tell if a hidden GPS/spyware tracking app has been installed on my IPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

I know that there are apps that can track your movement and all your text. I have the IPhone 6 and it's running 7.1.1. I believe my GF installed one. I know what you are thinking, that she's trying to catch a dog. Actually it's just the opposite. She's using it to know when I'm close to home. Is there an app or a way to find it? I've looked for apps, but have been unsuccessful. Please help.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How can I find or tell if a hidden GPS/spyware tracking app has been installe...

Welcome to iMore!
1.Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and you can see what apps have location services enabled.
2. If you're using the Messages app for texts I wouldn't be concerned that she has installed any software to track you.
3. Open Find Friends and make sure you aren't sharing your location with her.
4. Open Settings > Messages and look under text message forwarding. Make sure there aren't any unknown devices listed.
5. Change your Apple ID password at http://appleid.apple.com if you think she may know it.
6. If you're really worried, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings and set your phone back to factory defaults. Set it up as a new device.
Keep in mind iOS is a pretty closed ecosystem. If there was spyware installed on your device you'd probably be able to see it.
Are you sure you're running 7.1.1? iPhone 6 came loaded with iOS 8. Why haven't your upgraded?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2