Switching from Note 3 to iPhone 6s plus Tips?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
What should I know to make transition as painless as possible? I've only owned Android in the past although my wife has iphone and ipads.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is very good at what it does, but it sucks at what it can't do. Therefore, be open to the fact that the iPhone is not a Note 3 or any other Android smartphone.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe warnings about what it cannot do would be helpful to me?

I don't use the s pen so that is not an issue. I do use Flashplayer but plan to use an app called Puffin to handle that need.

DINGSTER1

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just made the switch from N3 2 weeks ago. Not missing too much besides the customization and pen. I do use dual systems though meaning Apple and Android. Attaching items is slightly different from the N3 but not as bad as it used to be.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a switch I just made. Largely, I found that I never used the s-pen. It was cool but not something I was looking for in a phone. If you are not a heavy s-pen user, than the switch definitely makes sense. There is an app you can download for Android that is designed to port everything to iPhone. I highly recommend it.

Remember that there is not an easy way to sideload apps on an iPhone. If you use sideloaded apps or some of the types of apps that are found on the Google Store but not the app store (emulators for instance) than iOS may not meet all of your app needs. Be sure that you have coverage for all the apps you need on your phone. Most major apps are on both platforms, which is great.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I just made the switch from N3 2 weeks ago. Not missing too much besides the customization and pen. I do use dual systems though meaning Apple and Android. Attaching items is slightly different from the N3 but not as bad as it used to be.
Thanks! Can I still reply to an email and add an attachment like a picture or pdf I have previously downloaded to iphone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just keep in mind that Apple does not sell millions of iPhones because it's a bad phone. All the Flagship phones are good these days. They simply all have their strengths and weaknesses. I will say one big complaint I've heard many from Android say is the iPhone has no back button. But iOS 9 sort of added one. You'll see. Enjoy!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Can I still reply to an email and add an attachment like a picture or pdf I have previously downloaded to iphone?

My understanding is that both are possible. For a PDF though, think the document will need to be in a local file system app that can support the Locations option. But I have not used this option to know if it works fully.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2