why new phone number for ipad
I have a unused phone number on my at@t account. When I purchased the ipad mini with them, I was told that I cannot use that number for the ipad. They said that since it was originally assigned to a cell device that it cannot be used for the ipad. Is this correct?
- 11-16-2015, 07:39 PM #2
- 11-16-2015, 07:57 PM #3
Re: why new phone number for ipad
Welcome to iMore! Yes it does sound correct. Carriers assign phone numbers to tablets as a means of tracking data usage although it doesn't really do you any good because they can't make or receive phone calls.
- By brookeyydooo in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 02-13-2016, 03:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 8Last Post: 01-07-2016, 04:50 AM
- By D13H4RD2L1V3 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 13Last Post: 12-09-2015, 01:37 PM
- By Jkysh in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2015, 05:56 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-16-2015, 06:34 PM