Family share

momimee

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
We have family share. We all downloaded a game individually. I decided to purchase the premium to get rid of ads...I had to do it in all as there was no other way. I wanted to share my premium purchase with my other family members but can't figure out how. They can see it in my purchased apps in their store but it says "open" since they already previously downloaded the app. How do they get it??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
We have family share. We all downloaded a game individually. I decided to purchase the premium to get rid of ads...I had to do it in all as there was no other way. I wanted to share my premium purchase with my other family members but can't figure out how. They can see it in my purchased apps in their store but it says "open" since they already previously downloaded the app. How do they get it??

You can't share in app purchases with Family Sharing. It's one of the reasons my wife and I simply share an iTunes ID. They'll have to pay as well for in app purchases. I noticed many apps offering free for Family Sharing, but then add it in in-app purchases.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You can't share in app purchases with Family Sharing. It's one of the reasons my wife and I simply share an iTunes ID. They'll have to pay as well for in app purchases. I noticed many apps offering free for Family Sharing, but then add it in in-app purchases.

My one gripe with family sharing. If I didn't have two kids with iPads I would use your approach.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One other thing to note: not all apps support family sharing. This will be displayed in the Information panel on the app's info page.
I would assume most would offer it, but I'm sure there are some out there that don't.
familysharing.jpg

momimee

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
It was a yes for sharing, I just didn't realize the app would trick people so to say by making purchasing the app to remove ads an in app purchase. With 4 of us sharing...$2.99 per person for an app without ads is a bit much. Ugh

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It was a yes for sharing, I just didn't realize the app would trick people so to say by making purchasing the app to remove ads an in app purchase. With 4 of us sharing...$2.99 per person for an app without ads is a bit much. Ugh

It's probably in the fine print in the Family Sharing info.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73