Does now Apple TV improve airplay performance?
I am on 100MB fibre optic wifi but still have irritating problems with airplay from my 2013 macbook pro to the 3nd gen Apple TV (delays, occasional freezes, loss of picture quality). Will the new Apple TV offer any performance improvements in this regard?
- 11-06-2015, 08:46 AM #2iMore Nanite
- 7 Posts
Re: Does now Apple TV improve airplay performance?
I am not 100% on this but the new Apple TV has a slight advantage over the 3rd Gen Apple TV in that is uses the latest 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO whilst the 3rd Gen Apple TV used 802.11a, b, g, or n Wi-Fi. If I am correct this would be only a slight improvement with your setup as I am assuming yhat your MacBook will have the same Wi-Fi specs as the 3rd Gen Apple TV and not the newer model.
Hope this all makes sense and is some help!
- 11-06-2015, 09:29 AM #3
- 7,781 Posts
- By Patti Harris in forum Apple TVReplies: 6Last Post: 11-07-2015, 07:26 AM
- By Mr. Tofu in forum Apple TVReplies: 7Last Post: 11-06-2015, 10:52 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2015, 01:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2015, 12:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2015, 08:14 PM