Does now Apple TV improve airplay performance?

I

iMore Question

I am on 100MB fibre optic wifi but still have irritating problems with airplay from my 2013 macbook pro to the 3nd gen Apple TV (delays, occasional freezes, loss of picture quality). Will the new Apple TV offer any performance improvements in this regard?
Thanks

datk80

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am not 100% on this but the new Apple TV has a slight advantage over the 3rd Gen Apple TV in that is uses the latest 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO whilst the 3rd Gen Apple TV used 802.11a, b, g, or n Wi-Fi. If I am correct this would be only a slight improvement with your setup as I am assuming yhat your MacBook will have the same Wi-Fi specs as the 3rd Gen Apple TV and not the newer model.

Hope this all makes sense and is some help!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am on 100MB fibre optic wifi but still have irritating problems with airplay from my 2013 macbook pro to the 3nd gen Apple TV (delays, occasional freezes, loss of picture quality). Will the new Apple TV offer any performance improvements in this regard?
Thanks
Welcome to iMore! I haven't noticed any improvement but I never really had an issue to begin with. I think that this depends more on the overall quality of your wifi network than the AppleTV itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73