Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Ipad Mini or Air?

I own a 15" macbook pro..love it, use it for video editing and work. Don't want to take it when I travel. Would like a smaller device to do light word processing on google drive when traveling. Also, would like to ability to read books and watch video. I hear great things about the mini, especially the mini 4. Would it be suitable to do light word processing/email along with a bluetooth keyboard? Or, should I be going for an ipad air?

Default Ipad Mini or Air?

Welcome to iMore! Either device will suit your needs from a performance standpoint so It's just a matter of size. I recommend visiting an Apple Store and experiencing both first hand. See how they feel in your own hands.

Default Re: Ipad Mini or Air?

Both devices are great but I love the size of the mini. For me it's the perfect iPad to have while traveling. Good luck with your purchase
    iMore Pro

533 Posts
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

I started with a Nexus 7 and did not like the size. When I upgraded I went with an Air and I couldn't be happier. The full size tablet is really nice for videos, websites, and comics.

The smaller tablet was handier for reading books though. I can still use my Air comfortably but it was nice being able to keep my Nexus 7 in my pocket.

669 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,745 Global Posts

I've had both the iPad Mini, and the Air 2...and although I left the larger/heavier earlier generation iPads for the Mini, and thought for a while that it was the "perfect" tablet...once I started using the Air 2, I simply cannot go back to the smaller Mini screen for the long haul. I still have a Mini that goes with me when I travel, but for home use...and strictly in my own opinion, the iPad Air 2 is much preferred.