Why can't I load my "purchased" scrabble game on my I phone as well as on my iPad??

I

iMore Question

I have the purchased version of scrabble on my iPad but when I go to my iPhone apps it doesn't give me the option to load it on my phone because it doesn't show up as purchased. I have a number of other apps on my iPad that do show up for download to my iPhone! It is another $10 to purchase for my iPhone. Confused ... Are they different some how??

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Tap the tab for iPhone if it is not already where it might be on the iPad tab, Also look and make sure that it is available for iPhone as well as iPad which it generally should be. Good luck.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is the Scrabble app a "Universal" app?

If not, then there are separate versions for the iPhone and iPad versions. And if you want the app on both devices, you likely will have pay twice.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I load my "purchased" scrabble game on my I phone as well as on my ...

Welcome to iMore! EA chose to make separate versions of the Scrabble app for iPhone and iPad. I took a screencap of what happens when I try to visit the Scrabble for iPad download page in iTunes using an iPhone. You can download the iPhone version on your iPad but it isn't optimized for the larger display and generally looks really bad. This can be done by tapping on the top of your Purchased App screen and changing "iPad only" to "iPhone only" (I may be slightly off on wording here; I'm doing this from memory).
So the short answer is yes, you will have to pay for the iPad version of the app if you want the optimized version.
1f67d4b29a9f3571d95bfb1e32433230.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal