How do I restore my iTunes from an iTunes backup
I had 10,000+ songs in my iTunes library and on my iPhone 6+.
The actual MP3 files were stored on an external disk, which failed.
Before installing the last iOS, I did a full iTunes backup to disk.
While shopping for a new RAID, my iPhone was stolen.
My insurance replaced it with a new iPhone 6S+.
I did a restore (from a full iTunes backup on disk.) during setup of the new phone.
It ran all night "restoring" my new iPhone.
In the morning there was no music on my iPhone or my disk.
I tried it again the next night with the same result.
iTunes still thinks that there are 10,000 songs out there.
The only place containing my music is the full iTunes backup that I did.
How do I get my music back?
- 11-03-2015, 10:51 PM #2
Re: How do I restore my iTunes from an iTunes backup
If those songs were purchased through iTunes you can go to the iTunes app on your phone & download your purchased music. For music not purchased in iTunes, you'll ha e to use iTunes Match to get it on your device or connect it to iTunes on the computer.
- By iMore Question in forum iPad 3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2015, 09:28 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2015, 04:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad 2Replies: 3Last Post: 11-04-2015, 11:10 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2015, 05:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2015, 12:56 AM