Do I have to update the Adobe Flash Player everytime it has upgrade?
I use Firefox a lot, and every time Adobe updated its Flash Player I have to update it, too, cause when I choose "Allow it forever" it still asks me again when I tried to played a video, and it won't stop until I finish the update. Is there any way to help to avoid its frequent upadte alert?
- 10-29-2015, 04:57 AM #2
- 7,825 Posts
Re: Do I have to update the Adobe Flash Player everytime it has upgrade?
Welcome to iMore! If it were me, I would uninstall adobe Flash Player altogether. It's been plagued with security issues for way too long at this point. Most web sites don't require it these days and have started complying with the much safer, much faster HTML4 standard. In the rare occasion where I absolutely need Flash, I have Chrome installed, which has a sandboxed version of Flash preinstalled that's much safer.
There's no way to avoid the update alert because OS X will not install software without your permission. If you outright refuse to uninstall Adobe Flash you're going to want to update it every single time, as quickly as possible.
- 10-29-2015, 05:23 AM #3
- 10-29-2015, 06:01 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 11-01-2015, 07:15 AM
- By Dwood1970 in forum Apple MusicReplies: 5Last Post: 10-30-2015, 01:08 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 3Last Post: 10-29-2015, 06:38 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-28-2015, 10:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-28-2015, 09:14 PM