Apple i phone 6s plus

I

iMore Question

Can someone please help me? this is my first Apple phone and, I need help on disabeling the letters and numbers from showing when I enter my passwords and press on my keyboard. What is the point in having them when people can see what you are entering?

MrMike6by9

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I think you'll get faster as you get use to the new phone and all will proceed rather quickly. Right now, you're likely self conscious about getting the passcode entered correctly. Relax, stay calm. Just be aware of your surroundings as you go thru the learning process.
YMMV

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With such little information, I assume the problem is with a particular app. If so, is there a setting therein that disables it? If you're speaking in general terms, the letters and numbers should appear briefly before changing to dots or asterisks. Why? If people enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, they could disable the device or the app, and in this day and age, few people take responsibility for their own mistakes. Therefore, briefly displaying the letters and numbers allow the person to confirm what they are entering. It's a convenience and a compromise with security. As for your final question, a person does not need to see the letters and numbers on the screen if they can see what letters and numbers you're tapping so it's best to not be in a position where people can see you entering your passcode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2