iCloud /storage.

Bettyc72

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I am so confused. every since activating the iCloud and trying to upload pictures my phone is telling me non stop. out of storage. with iCloud off I don't get that. I thought using iCloud saved storage space. someone please explain. 😕

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iCloud creates a back up copy of your phone in case you ever need it, which doesn't save you any local storage space. If you're looking to free up some space, activate iCloud Drive (Settings > iCloud) and then go to Settings > iCloud > Photos) and select "optimize iPhone storage (see image below). This will upload full res photos and videos to iCloud and leave lower res versions on your phone, freeing up space. Don't worry, the full res versions are still available to you and download when you open up the photo or video. If apps are the culprit, the only way to free up space is to delete some of them or buy a new phone with more storage.

85f700e1a411a9b458ebf593e4ff685d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am so confused. every since activating the iCloud and trying to upload pictures my phone is telling me non stop. out of storage. with iCloud off I don't get that. I thought using iCloud saved storage space. someone please explain.

You are allotted 5GBs of iCloud storage for free. If you've used the 5GBs, you are able to "purchase" additional iCloud storage. Having said that, if you have a hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook.com account, you might want to consider transferring some of the photos you may have in iCloud over to Microsoft's OneDrive storage. Dropbox, Box, and others are also an alternative.

Bettyc72

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
my storage issue is on the home itself not the iCloud. so iCloud will have a copy and I could delete off my phone. iMoreAppImg_20151008_105806.jpg. I only have 23 apps and 200+ songs. I took a screen shot of my storage on phone. seems like it shouldn't be that much.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
my storage issue is on the home itself not the iCloud. so iCloud will have a copy and I could delete off my phone. View attachment 94254. I only have 23 apps and 200+ songs. I took a screen shot of my storage on phone. seems like it shouldn't be that much.

How long are the videos? How much space is used by photos and videos?
And what size apps?
No, you can't delete what is on your phone. iCloud back up backs up what is currently on your phone. If you delete, then that will not be on the next back up. iCloud is not your issue. Something is hogging your internal storage space. If it's not the videos and apps, you might want to restore your phone as new.
If you restore, make sure your photos and videos are backed up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods