- iMore Beginner
- 54 Posts
Best older Macbook for the price?
I was just wondering if there is any used macbook (can be pro or air) that would work well and is a couple years old. For example would it be worth it to spend the extra money on a 2010 instead of 2009?
I'm not looking to do any photoshop or anything, just one to try out, and perhaps take with me to school and stuff.
- 10-02-2015, 02:10 PM #2
- 4,123 Posts
Re: Best older Macbook for the price?
A 2010 MBP is a decent choice right now. They can be had fairly cheap ($300-400 in nice condition) and if they do not come with an SSD, you can have that upgraded fairly cheap. I bought some 2010 MBP's a couple of years ago and upgraded the hard drive and RAM in them. They are still really decent machines and I will still get a couple years use out of them. Plus I do a lot more on them than you plan on doing.
So yes, they are worth looking at over a 2009. You will get more life span out of it.
- By mark5019 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 7Last Post: 10-03-2015, 07:35 PM
- By 0pusX in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 13Last Post: 10-02-2015, 06:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-02-2015, 05:54 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-02-2015, 03:19 PM
- By Joe Clean in forum Apple WatchReplies: 1Last Post: 10-02-2015, 12:12 PM